This house was built by Mrs. Sarah McCrady, the widow of Dr. John mcCrady who died in 1881.
She had lived in The Selden house from 1881 to 1885 after the fire in Otey Hall. She was the grandmother of Dr. Edward McCrady, the vice-chancellor.
It was a large frame house on the site of the present McCrady Hall. She took summer boarders like all the other ladies and had various members of her family as visitors. She lived here until her death in 1932, and her daughter, Kathleen, lived here until her death in 1960.
It was pulled down before the present McCrady Hall was built in 1965.