Browse Items (349 total)

23028163-Bob-stewman-House003.jpg
This one story Folk Victorian is similiar to the Collin's cottage also situated on Bob Stewman Road. The Kennedy family once owned but since 1969 Eugene and Catherine Norwood, Annie Armour and Jim Jones, Don and Mimi DuPree, Phillip and Hunt Gazzola…

Collins House001.jpg
Despite being built in 1905, the earliest record of this house is of Dr. Herbert Collins’ buying the lease in 1910. Originally from Birmingham, Alabama, he received his medical degree from Sewanee in 1906. It is assumed that he practiced in this…

David McBees2_small.jpg
This house was built by Otto Fischer in 1890. The house was passed on to the University until 1900 when it was bought by Frank Lautzenheiser. He was the University gardener. He sold the house to an A. Mansfield in 1917. In 1927 Henry and Lola Hoskins…

David McBee's House1_small.jpg
This house was built by Otto Fischer in 1890. The house was passed on to the University until 1900 when it was bought by Frank Lautzenheiser. He was the University gardener. He sold the house to an A. Mansfield in 1917. In 1927 Henry and Lola Hoskins…

Patterson1a.jpg
This house was built in 1900, but the first name on the lease, Mrs. Jane Kane, didn’t buy this house until 1902. Maddie Betts bought the house that same year and lived there for seven years. The Handys bought it from her in 1909. Frank Handy was a…

Hawkins003_small.jpg
Tom and Ethel Hawkins bought this house in 1939. Tom was a member of the enormous Hawkins family who were among the first settlers of Sewanee. The cove below the Memorial Cross, known as Hawkins Cove, was where the family first settled. Tom was a son…

Hawkins002_small.jpg
Tom and Ethel Hawkins bought this house in 1939. Tom was a member of the vast Hawkins family who were among the first settlers of Sewanee. The cove below the Memorial Cross known as Hawkins Cove is where the family first settled. Tom was a son of…

Hawkins House001 (1).jpg
Tom and Ethel Hawkins bought this house in 1939. Tom was a member of the enormous Hawkins family who were among the first settlers of Sewanee. The cove below the Memorial Cross, known as Hawkins Cove, was where the family first settled. Tom was a son…

Galleher Hall002.jpg
This house occupied the lot where Johnson Hall now stands. Originally an eight room cottage built in 1870 as a dormitory, after signing the lease in 1879 Bishop Galleher had the house enlarged. Bishop Galleher, a successor to Bishop Polk as Bishop…

Guerry4_small.jpg
Bishop William Alexander Guerry (1909-1928) was its first notable owner. Guerry, a graduate from the University and School of Theology in the 1880s, served as University chaplain from 1893 to 1907. Upon his election as bishop coadjutor and then as…
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2