Browse Items (351 total)

Chris Colane House001_small.jpg
The Clay House on Baker's Lane is one of the oldest remaining homes in Sewanee. This small bungalow was originally owned by W. H. Clay in 1885. Various people have owned this property throughout the years which includes William Ricketts, Mrs.…

Sutton House.jpg
This house was built in August of 1887 for Mrs. Anna Lull. A couple of years later it was bought by Mrs. Emma C. Sutton. She was the mother of Mrs. Silas McBee, who died very young. Silas McBee was an architect of Walsh-Ellet Hall. Mrs. Sutton’s…

Sutton House2.jpg
This house was built in August of 1887 for Mrs. Anna Lull. A couple of years later it was bought by Mrs. Emma C. Sutton. She was the mother of Mrs. Silas McBee, who died very young. Silas McBee was an architect of Walsh-Ellet Hall. Mrs. Sutton’s…

Cooper House.jpg
This house was built by Dr. John Haden in 1886. He had two sons at the University. The house was first leased to W.P. Stone in 1890 and to Mrs. S. Bell in 1891 under William Howe. After Mrs. Bell, this was the first house Mary Love Washington Hunt…

Selden House001.jpg
The Selden house was built by Mr. Hayes. It was located on the east side of Alabama Avenue where the Van Ness Music Building is now. (This Building was the U. S. Forestry building. It was built by the U.S. government for _____(?). There needs to be…

23028163-Bob-stewman-House003.jpg
This one story Folk Victorian is similiar to the Collin's cottage also situated on Bob Stewman Road. The Kennedy family once owned but since 1969 Eugene and Catherine Norwood, Annie Armour and Jim Jones, Don and Mimi DuPree, Phillip and Hunt Gazzola…
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2