Browse Items (343 total)

McCrady House.jpg
This house was built by Mrs. Sarah McCrady, the widow of Dr. John mcCrady who died in 1881.

She had lived in The Selden house from 1881 to 1885 after the fire in Otey Hall.  She was the grandmother of Dr. Edward McCrady, the vice-chancellor.

It…

Collins House003.jpg
Despite being built in 1905, the earliest record of this house is of Dr. Herbert Collins’ buying the lease in 1910. Originally from Birmingham, Alabama, he received his medical degree from Sewanee in 1906. It is assumed that he practiced in this…

Collins House002.jpg
Despite being built in 1905, the earliest record of this house is of Dr. Herbert Collins’ buying the lease in 1910. Originally from Birmingham, Alabama, he received his medical degree from Sewanee in 1906. It is assumed that he practiced in this…

Maple Street004.jpg
This Folk Victorian cottage has seen many owners over the years. Pat Riley was the first leaseholder in 1895 and was taken over by Ed Riley in 1935. Maggie Riley, wife of Ed Riley, later took over the lease and subsequently sold to Claude Terrill…

Maple Street003.jpg
This Folk Victorian cottage has seen many owners over the years. Pat Riley was the first leaseholder in 1895 and was taken over by Ed Riley in 1935. Maggie Riley, wife of Ed Riley, later took over the lease and subsequently sold to Claude Terrill…

Atkins002 (2).jpg
Built by a family who had returned from France, this house was known for its elegant appearance and gilded chairs. Unfortunately, the name of this original family is unknown. In 1909, Benjamin L. Coulson purchased the home. Following the death of the…

Phi Delta Theta Fraternity House003.jpg
The original Phi House was built in 1884 and is now the home of Mishoe Brennecke and Fred Croom. The Phi's in 1907 built a one-story structure on Georgia Avenue and later added a second floor in 1929. in 2004, the building became the McGriff Alumni…

Phi Delta Theta Fraternity House008.jpg
The original Phi House was built in 1884 and is now the home of Mishoe Brennecke and Fred Croom. The Phi's in 1907 built a one-story structure on Georgia Avenue and later added a second floor in 1929. in 2004, the building became the McGriff Alumni…
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2