Browse Items (343 total)

19044287-DSC_0559.JPG

19044280-armchair.jpg
Plaid covered Stickley side chair with matching foot stool

19044299-DSC_0564.JPG
Square coffee table with glass top and three drawers

22438776-Gipson-House08.jpg
The Allen Gipson House was given by the University of the South to Allen and Manerva Garner Gipson. The house is situated on Alabama Ave., which was originally known as St. Chrysostom Place. Allen Gipson moved to Sewanee from Roarks Cove. He ran a…

22438774-Gipson-House06.jpg
The Allen Gipson House was given by the University of the South to Allen and Manerva Garner Gipson. The house is situated on Alabama Ave., which was originally known as St. Chrysostom Place. Allen Gipson moved to Sewanee from Roarks Cove. He ran a…

Lay_small.jpg

22323984-Redwood-House.jpg
This house was built across the road from the Sewanee Military Academy by a Dr. Vaughan of Mississippi. It was on the lot where Mrs. Jackson's house is now. Dr. Vaughan sold it in 1869 to a Mr. W. P. Redwood. From then on it was known as the…

22428128-Dubose-Refectory002.tif
"This cottage was built on a location south of the Chapel. Dr. DuBose was made Chaplain the summer of 1871. He spent the rest of the year rounding up students in South Carolina dn bringing them back with him to Sewanee. In March, 1872, he built the…

22428129-Dubose-Refectory003.jpg
"This cottage was built on a location south of the Chapel. Dr. DuBose was made Chaplain the summer of 1871. He spent the rest of the year rounding up students in South Carolina dn bringing them back with him to Sewanee. In March, 1872, he built the…

Thompson_small.jpg
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2