Browse Items (302 total)

Selden House001.jpg
The Selden house was built by Mr. Hayes. It was located on the east side of Alabama Avenue where the Van Ness Music Building is now. (This Building was the U. S. Forestry building. It was built by the U.S. government for _____(?). There needs to be…

23028163-Bob-stewman-House003.jpg

David McBees2_small.jpg
This house was built by Otto Fischer in 1890. The house was passed on to the University until 1900 when it was bought by Frank Lautzenheiser. He was the University gardener. He sold the house to an A. Mansfield in 1917. In 1927 Henry and Lola Hoskins…

David McBee's House1_small.jpg
This house was built by Otto Fischer in 1890. The house was passed on to the University until 1900 when it was bought by Frank Lautzenheiser. He was the University gardener. He sold the house to an A. Mansfield in 1917. In 1927 Henry and Lola Hoskins…

Hawkins003_small.jpg
Tom and Ethel Hawkins bought this house in 1939. Tom was a member of the vast Hawkins family who were among the first settlers of Sewanee. The cove below the Memorial Cross known as Hawkins Cove is where the family first settled. Tom was a son of…

Hawkins002_small.jpg
Tom and Ethel Hawkins bought this house in 1939. Tom was a member of the vast Hawkins family who were among the first settlers of Sewanee. The cove below the Memorial Cross known as Hawkins Cove is where the family first settled. Tom was a son of…

Hawkins House001 (1).jpg
TTom and Ethel Hawkins bought this house in 1939. Tom was a member of the vast Hawkins family who were among the first settlers of Sewanee. The cove below the Memorial Cross known as Hawkins Cove is where the family first settled. Tom was a son of…

Galleher Hall002.jpg
This house occupied the lot where Johnson Hall now stands. Originally an eight room cottage built in 1870 as a dormitory, after signing the lease in 1879 Bishop Galleher had the house enlarged. Bishop Galleher, a successor to Bishop Polk as Bishop…
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2