Browse Items (382 total)

Collins House003.jpg
Despite being built in 1905, the earliest record of this house is of Dr. Herbert Collins’ buying the lease in 1910. Originally from Birmingham, Alabama, he received his medical degree from Sewanee in 1906. It is assumed that he practiced in this…

Colmore House001.jpg
This house was built by the University in 1887 for Mrs. Frances Sylva D’Arusmont Guthrie. She lived there with her two sons, Kenneth and William Norman. Both became clergymen and William Norman was the well know rector of St. Mark's-in-the-Bowerie in…

Colmore House002.jpg
This house was built by the University in 1887 for Mrs. Frances Sylva D’Arusmont Guthrie. She lived there with her two sons, Kenneth and William Norman. Both became clergymen and William Norman was the well know rector of St. Mark's-in-the-Bowerie in…

20861934-Colmore-House002.jpg
This house was constructed by Mr. C.W. Scofield in 1887, the same year he built the Truslow-Elliott house. The first residents, Mrs. Frances Sylva D’Arusmont Guthrie and her two sons, Kenneth and William Norman, lived in the house for one year. Mrs.…

22765937-Colmore-House003.tif
This house was constructed by Mr. C.W. Scofield in 1887, the same year he built the Truslow-Elliott house. The first residents, Mrs. Frances Sylva D’Arusmont Guthrie and her two sons, Kenneth and William Norman, lived in the house for one year. Mrs.…

20861932-Colmore-House001.jpg
This house was built by the University in 1887 for Mrs. Frances Sylva D’Arusmont Guthrie. She lived there with her two sons, Kenneth and William Norman. Both became clergymen and William Norman was the well know rector of St. Mark's-in-the-Bowerie in…

Cooper House.jpg
This house was built by Dr. John Haden in 1886. He had two sons at the University. The house was first leased to W.P. Stone in 1890 and to Mrs. S. Bell in 1891 under William Howe. After Mrs. Bell, this was the first house Mary Love Washington Hunt…

Corpening Hall crop.jpg
This house stood on University Avenue on the lot where the stone house owned by the University next to Mrs. Wyatt-Brown's is now.It was built in 1871 by Dr. Buchanan and described then as "large and commodious". It was a big square two storied house…

Cotten House (Old Tuckaway)002.jpg
In 1868 Mrs. Sarah E. Cotten, a relative of Major Fairbanks, took a lease and built this large frame house to run as a boarding house on the site of the present Tuckaway Inn. She had originally come in 1867 to Sewanee to run Otey Hall. The house was…

Cotten House (Old Tuckaway)003.jpg
In 1868 Mrs. Sarah E. Cotten, a relative of Major Fairbanks, took a lease and built this large frame house to run as a boarding house on the site of the present Tuckaway Inn. She had originally come in 1867 to Sewanee to run Otey Hall. The house was…
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2